Agile Project Manager
Preferred Location – Worcestershire or remote UK working
Rate – On application
Due to continuing success and global growth, Payara now needs an organised, motivated and efficient Project Manager with excellent communication skills. The Project manager will plan and deliver a diverse set of projects, on time and to budget, that drive the further success of Payara as a leading software company.
Key to being successful in this role will be your ability to work across the Payara community of worldwide staff and sub-contractors to ensure everybody is working to deliver the correct thing at the correct time, therefore the Project Manager will need to be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues.
The role has a diverse set of responsibilities involving
- Working with the management team to identify key strategic goals and initiatives to be delivered within the company
- Planning tasks across teams to be delivered to meet goals
- Allocating tasks to individuals
- Tracking progress and ensure delivery of tasks to plan
- Working with marketing and service teams to plan monthly work schedule
- Allocating marketing tasks across the technical teams
- Tracking and updating work status across the marketing, engineering and service teams on JIRA our project management system
- Working with product management and team leads to plan Payara Platform roadmap
- Creating monthly sprints in JIRA for the engineering product portfolio
- Working with engineering management allocate engineering JIRAs across the team
- Ensuring engineering team members are working on allocated tasks
- Driving regular progress meetings across the engineering team
- Ensuring JIRA tasks are delivered on time and adjust plan to any issues
- Ensuring JIRA is accurate across Engineering and issues are allocated to correct project releases and milestones
- Carrying out sprint retrospectives to identify how we can increase engineering velocity
- Coordinating the product release cycle across Engineering, Service and Marketing teams
- Ensuring all release artefacts are published to customers and community
- Ensuring marketing collateral is ready for product release
- Ensuring engineering documentation is ready for product release
- 5 + years Project Management experience
- Knowledge of SCRUM and AGILE methods
- A graduate Degree or Equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written English
- Ability to Multi-task
- Experience of managing software projects
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA
- Experience with Office 365
How to Apply
Send your CV/Resume to email@example.com – we will contact you if we wish to take your application further – thanks and good luck!
No agencies please.
Payara Services Ltd is an innovative open source software company at the leading edge of Java technology. Our core products are open source application servers Payara Server and Payara Micro, freely downloadable by developers around the world for production use. Payara offers support and consultancy services for Payara Server and Payara Micro users. Our vision is to optimise Payara Server to make it the best application server for production Java EE applications; with responsive 24/7 dedicated incident and software support delivered by the best middleware engineers in the industry.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please see our Recruitment Privacy statement available at https://www.payara.fish.